How to take care of your eyebrows ? Many of you asked me on Instagram if I had changed something about my brows. Indeed, at the end of last year, I had the opportunity to attend an evening organized by Chado Cosmetics – which is a leading Swiss brand in eyebrow care.
How to take care of your eyebrows ?
On brows level, it’s been five years that I let them grow back. Indeed, following a disastrous experience with an esthetician, I stopped everything. Wanting to find something more natural, I started to use oils to boost regrowth and to be inspired by women with more natural, even a little wild eyebrows like Cara Delavingne.
Today, my eyebrows are reaching a stage where I am happy with their shape and look. I have my routine and I also learned a lot of new tricks thanks to the expertise of Chado Cosmetics teams.
Here are four tips I learned to have great eyebrows :
- Do not excessively pluck your eyebrows : For several years, I have stopped waxing. In addition to bringing a sometimes approximate result, the wax attacks the skin. It heats the skin, it damages the elasticity and the collagen of it. I rather invite you to maintain them with tweezers. For the past two years, I have gone over to threading hair removal. Less aggressive for the skin and devilishly effective, I recommend Tany, the beautician who works at Mix Beauty Paris Rivoli for her precision. Nevertheless, I invite you to leave your eyebrows a little quiet. Natural eyebrows are the trend of the moment.
- Pamper your eyebrows with oils : Castor oil is known to help eyebrow growth. This oil strengthens the eyebrow, allows faster growth and a softer texture. How it works ? Just apply a drop of oil, spread with a cotton pad or a small brush, then let sit for a few minutes before rinsing.
- Brush your eyebrows : morning and evening, brush your eyebrows from bottom to top, following the direction of hair growth. Using a brush, brushing will stimulate growth and help the hairs to position themselves well.
- Use Make up on your eyebrows : In order to perfect them, makeup will help bring that little extra definition to your look. The important thing is to have the right accessories and the right product in the right shade. To choose its shade, we choose a shade half a tone below its natural hair color and above all we choose a shade with ashy undertones for a chic and elegant shaded effect.
Eyebrow care by Chado Cosmetics
For Chado, the eyes are the window to the soul. Eyebrows, therefore, which frame your eyes and give balance to the face must sublimate your gaze. Indeed, the eyebrows structure the look and are therefore of great importance to bring harmony to the face. Having harmonious eyebrows can help build self-confidence – without necessarily going through the makeup area.
The brand has developed a whole range of skincare products in order to offer a beauty routine for eyebrows and eyelashes. All Chado products are formulated without paraben and TEA and cruelty free.
The eyebrow and eyelash care range consists of three references :
- the Soin Pyjama : is a moisturizing treatment that will pamper your eyelashes and eyebrows. It applies morning and evening. In the evening, after removing your makeup, apply a layer of product. It will treat, nourish and strengthen the eyelashes and eyebrows overnight. In the morning, it will serve as a primer for the mascara and prevent drying of the hair fiber.
- the Soin Duo Spa : is the first mask for eyebrows. This kit consists of the Pure Oxygen Mask and the Thermal Infusion Serum. The clay mask will cleanse and detoxify this part of the face that we tend to forget. The serum is to be applied after the mask. It will continue the detoxifying process while providing hydration.
- the Huile Cristal : Composed of Castor oil, hyaluronic acid biotechnology, vitamin E, serenoa oil, PhytoCellTec Malus Domestica, the Huile Cristal will deeply fortify, nourish and hydrate. This product will also boost growth.
I have been following these steps to take care of my eyebrows for a few weeks now and I see a real difference.
As I often repeat in my makeup tutorials, after applying your base (foundation, powder), brush the eyebrows to remove traces of powder or cream and put them in place.
Apply the Soin Pyjama for a perfect makeup base. Leave on for 5 minutes before going to the rest of your make-up routine. This product can be good to use on its own.
Start by filling the holes at the head of the eyebrow while having a light hand. You want to work in small steps, as if drawing dotted lines. I had a real crush on the Brow Boost eyebrow pencil which is the fastest, precise option to redefine her look.
Continue on the rest of the eyebrow by making small light lines, from the bottom of the eyebrow upwards, in order to imitate the hair and to avoid showy features.
Brush the eyebrows again for a natural result.
Finish by applying a transparent mascara. I did not test the one from Chado but I tested the Browshape mascara from L’Atelier Maquillage which will fix the eyebrows while keeping a natural and glossy effect.
And you, what are your tips on how to take care of your eyebrows ?
Other beauty blogposts :
- How to give your skin a detox ?
- Festive makeup : Purple Smokey with T. LeClerc