What’s worth the Embryolisse Anti Dark Circles Concealer Care ? A question that I asked myself at the reception of these new hybrid products between skincare and make-up that aim to fight against the signs of fatigue in the eyes.
Embryolisse Anti Dark Circles Concealer Care : the product
Embryolisse Anti Dark Circles Concealer Care is described as a tinted corrector lined with an anti-puffiness, concealer and anti-wrinkle care to bring maximum results.
Olivier Tissot, the make-up and skincare expert of the brand, explains that :
“Correcting dark circles is the first make-up reflex of a professional make-up artist because it provides a freshness effect and an immediate youthfulness. The main interest of the new Anti Dark Circles Concealer Care is not just to camouflage and to unify, it treats this extremely fragile area of the face.”
The formula of the Anti Dark Circles Concealer Care consists of :
- ash extract : rich in esculine and fraxin that protect blood capillaries and reduce pigmentation while silicon enhances flexibility and strength while making them less permeable.
- glycerine : to provide hydration.
- vitamins E and B3 : to preserve free radicals and stimulate collagen synthesis.
For this product, Embryolisse offers a fragrance and paraben free formula.
The Anti Dark Circles Concealer Care comes in two shades :
- a pink shade : which targets light skin and violet/bluish care circles.
- a gold shade : intended for golden complexions and brown dark circles.
The Embryolisse Anti Dark Circles Concealer Care is in the form of a tube with a very fine tip with a cap that screws. This format is practical and compact. It also makes it possible to maintain a good hygiene of the product and to avoid a too important contamination of the formula by the bacteria present in the ambient air. The tip is fine enough to allow to dose the desired amount of product.
The Concealer Care Concealer is available on Embryolisse e-shop, in pharmacies and parapharmacies (online or shop) and on reseller sites (such as FeelUnique, etc.). Its selling price is 15,90 €.
Embryolisse Anti Dark Circles Concealer Care : tips for use
Embryolisse proposes to apply the Anti Dark Circles Concealer Care before its foundation. Personally, I tend to apply it afterwards. Do what you feel, the most important thing : always blend the product for the smoothest possible finish.
Having a light skin and dark circles rather purple, I oriented my choice on the pinky shade. However, what I prefer to do is mix the two shades !
Let me explain :
- Step 1 : I put a drop of Embryolisse Anti Dark Circles Concealer Care, on the back of my left hand and takes the product with a fine brush (example of brushes that I use : Real Technique, Sigma) in order to have a precise application (the application with the finger is also a good option). I deposit the product in the inner hollow of the eye, high enough at the level of the wing of the nose where we see the vein at the origin of this bluish effect on the skin. The pink helps to fade this color. So I create as a comma from the inner corner of the eye to the outer corner. I then blend it with my finger or a Beauty Blender.
- Step 2 : I add a drop of Embryolisse Anti Dark Circles Concealer Care, golden shade, on the back of my left hand and takes again the product with my brush. I work it over, the golden hue allows, I think, to bring more coverage and light to the eyes.
- Step 3 : I lightly powder my face and the area around the eyes to promote better lasting during the day.
- Step 1 : I drop a drop of two Embryolisse Anti Dark Circles Concealer Care, pinkish and golden shades, on the back of my left hand. I mix the two shades with my brush before applying the product with this comma technique from the inner corner to the outer corner of the eye. I then blend with my finger or my Beauty Blender.
- Step 2 : I lightly powder my face and the area around the eyes to promote better holding during the day.
The choice of my technique and application will depend on my time in the morning. If I’m late, I’ll favor the second option !
Embryolisse Anti Dark Circles Concealer Care : my opinion
This is a real 2-in-1 product. I like this type of products that save time in terms of skincare/make-up routine and that offer the opportunity to reduce the number of products taken when I travel !
Regarding the hydration advanced by Embryolisse, I put it to the test ! I changed environment : overheated shops, cold and wet outside temperatures…The Embryolisse Anti Dark Circles Concealer Care resists and provides continuous hydration throughout the day. The skin around the eyes remains soft and comfortable. The formula does not migrate into the folds of the skin and does not mark the possible fine lines of dehydration (do not forget to drink your liter of water a day to help your body fight against this type of inconvenience !). The eyes is truly smooth – giving a more waking and luminous effect to the face.
The cocktail of actives present in the skincare (ash extract, vitamins E and B3) boosts the skin, the microcirculation and even brings an anti-oxidant effect. The dark circles are toned down – in addition to being concealed with the make-up side of the skincare. Having no worries of pockets, I can not pronounce on the effects of the product.
As for the make-up side and the coverage of the formula : I am amazed ! The skincare offers a beautiful coverage while remaining light on the skin and easy to blend. The product holds throughout the day without the need to add another concealer. I like the natural finish on the skin that just hides the signs of fatigue – a little too common in our urban lives.